At Empowerment Family Care, Inc., our main focus is on the provision and management of quality behavioral health and addiction disorder services within a non-judgmental, flexible, and personalized continuum of care. We are highly trained in the development and provision of behavioral health services that encompasses all levels of care.
At our behavioral health residential facility, we help treat a broad range of clients aged 18 years old and above with mental illness.
Through our programs and services, we aim to:
- Provide all residents with a safe and clean living environment, food preparation facilities, and access to treatment services.
- Guide residents towards independence and personal responsibility.
- Develop interpersonal skills for eventual re-integration back into society as constructive and responsible citizens.
- Teach social skills including personal hygiene, money management, and the ability to assertively communicate needs to the appropriate resources.
- Provide assistance and monitoring in self-administration of medication.
- Offer residents an opportunity to live and function in a community environment while following their specific court-ordered terms, if any.
Behavioral Health Services
Our programs and services can be personalized based on the unique needs of each resident we serve. We don’t utilize a “one-service-for-all” approach; instead, we make sure that each resident gets the personalized care and attention they deserve.
Our behavioral health services include:
Counseling will be provided for each resident at the frequency and duration prescribed in his/her treatment plan. Counseling may occur in a group setting or individually as stated in the treatment plan. Individual counseling may not exceed one hour every two weeks and group counseling will not exceed one hour every month. Counseling topics will be consistent with the program goals and treatment plans and will be provided by a Licensed Professional.
Counseling topics may include:
- Life Skills. Personal goals, stress management, health issues, or education: GED, vocational, and/or college options
- Personal Development. Values, behavior management, social skills, anger control, relationships, and communication skills
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Crisis Management
This agency will provide family counseling to residents who wish to have their families participate.
Personnel will continuously monitor the residence and activities to ensure that all residents are safe and that behaviors are consistent with house rules and treatment goals.
- Assistance in Self-Administration of Medication
Qualified personnel will assist residents on an as-needed basis with self-administration of medications.
Assisting with self-administration will include one or more of the following:
- Storage of participant’s medication
- Reminders of medication times
- Opening a medication container for a participant
Assisting with self-administration will include verification:
- Medication is being taken by the participant for whom it was prescribed
- Dosage taken matches the directions on the container’s label
- Confirming that the resident took medication as prescribed
- The BHT will observe the participant taking the medication to prevent errors/overdose
The programs and services offered at Empowerment Family Care, Inc. have helped numerous people whose lives had been negatively affected by behavioral health and/or mental health issues. We offer person-centered, evidence-based programs and services tailored to match the specific needs, goals, and strengths of each individual who enters our facility for treatment.
A Commitment to Compassion
If you have any service-related inquiries and concerns, you can reach us at (325) 262-2506 or (510) 759-5633 for assistance. Our behavioral health technicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Not sure if our facility is right for you or your loved one? Schedule an Assessment today.
If you or a loved one requires immediate medical attention, please dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency department. For non-urgent behavioral health concerns, you can contact us – our behavioral health technicians are available 24/7.